Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Big Plans...

Walking back inside I peeked into the kitchen, and sure enough, Hayden had the table set for the two of us. More mason jars sat in the middle filled with roses, and candles were lit all around the table.

"This is beautiful," I murmured walking fully into the room.

"You know..it wasn't much at all. Just wanted a beautiful night to match my beautiful girl." Hayden replied over his shoulder as he walked to the oven and took out dinner. Fresh garlic butter chicken, a small raspberry poppyseed salad, and homemade rolls.

"So, what do you think about the shop?" I managed to ask between mouthfuls.

Leaning back and sipping his wine Hayden looked at me carefully. Tilting his head from one side to the other, he sighed and then responded, "I think that it is a great opportunity for you Liv. Babe, it's what you have always wanted and I am proud to think that Maggie has enough confidence in you to hand something she has worked her entire life creating, over to you."

"I know, it really is amazing. I think I'm still in shock, and maybe a little tired."

"So let's go to bed.."

"Actually Hayden, this is amazing, everything you have done for me tonight has been amazing, but I think I should head home." Setting my napkin on the table and getting up to leave I tried to avoid Hayden's eyes. It wasn't that I was doing something wrong, but I knew that he had more to the evening planned than this, but I was running on no energy and wanted my bed.

"Really? You have to go already? You can spend an entire day with Cameron, but you can't spend more than a couple hours with me?" Jealousy wasn't one of Hayden's more prominent qualities, but there was something about Cameron that irked him in every wrong way.

"Babe, you know it's not like that. I'm exhausted, and I am getting up early to meet Maggie at the shop so she can start showing me the ropes of opening the store."

"You know, you're right. You need your sleep and it's probably better that I get going to bed tonight anyway. I've got a shoot downtown tomorrow and I need to get prepared."

Guiltily I cringed as being so wrapped up in the events of my day I forgot all about Hayden's shoot for Entourage. While I was beginning my dream career, Hayden was living his. Starting out as an assistant to Joseph Carlello, he has worked his way to becoming one of the most sought after freelance photographers in our area. Entourage was his dream magazine, and this was his first shoot for them. As more of an artsy magazine, with stunningly controversial pieces, Hayden was allowed complete artistic freedom with his shots. Although, the final decision was not going to be left up to him, he was going to have a lot of say in which images were and were not published.

Among being a freelance photographer, Hayden was incredibly good at playing the guitar, and his voice makes me weak at the knees. Is there really anything sexier than a guy who is successful, and sings while playing the guitar? I think not.

"I know you didn't mean to forget. You have had a really hectic day, and it's not a big deal."

Leaning down and giving him a kiss I whispered good luck and then made my way to leave.

Getting into my car I felt an immense relief. While I loved being with Hayden, and his house was gorgeous, I love my apartment. It wasn't much, but it was home.

The drive was about 20 minutes and I spent it listening through Adele's new cd. Singing along I'm sure I scared a few people at stoplights. Pulling up to my building I noticed Mrs. Phillips, my new neighbor, walking her dog. Shutting off my headlights, I shrunk back hoping she wouldn't notice me. I was not in the mood for chatting tonight. Thankfully she stumbled back inside and shut her lights out. Quietly I walked past her apartment door and went to unlock mine, but it was already unlocked. Thinking back to this morning I tried to figure if I had locked it or not. As I stood there racking my brain, the door swung open. Startled I stepped back...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you started posting again, I was one of the ones who liked your blog then, still do! By the way, how often do you post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back!!! I'm trying to post 2-3 times/week! Everything was a little hectic, but should be back on track now!!!

    ReplyDelete