Friday, June 3, 2011

Phone calls and dinner plans...

The post is a little shorter than I intended, but hopefully you like it!!! Let me know what you think! And feel free to comment links to your blog/others that you are fans of! I love reading and connecting through these stories! I think I might post again over the weekend so be sure to check back! Also, comment on the story. What do you guys think, loving anyone? Hayden or Cameron--Who would be your pick!? -Liv

"Hayden", I started. I still wasn't really sure how I wanted to react. Everything in my life was essentially great. I was getting the opportunity of a lifetime with this shop, and I come home at night to a beautiful romantic evening, with an even more beautiful man. Really, what was my problem? Why did I even feel like talking at all when I should just be relishing in the moment. And then my cell phone rang.

"Great--probably your B-F-F Cameron calling to interrupt whatever plans I thought of having with you this evening," Hayden smirked and laid back onto his bed.

"Just relax, I doubt it is", grabbing my phone out of my back pocket I looked down, Chloe. "Hello?"

"Hey Liv! I heard all about your big day!! Oh my gosh, I can't even believe you are getting everything that you always wanted! Typical, of course, but still totally amazing!"

"Yeah it is pretty great, I'm still in shock a little bit myself. It won't seem real until I start working, but I already have all these pla-"

"Oh of course you do! That is really so great for you! Anyways, so the real reason that I'm calling,"

"Because it couldn't only be to congratulate me," I shot back.

"Like I was saying, I'm cooking Cameron dinner, you know, kind of as a thank you, and hopefully as a routine into our new lifestyle..." Chloe stammered on but I couldn't ignore the pang of jealousy that rushed through me, cooking Cameron dinner, OUR lifestyle. Knocking Haydens feet with my knees, I whispered that I was going outside to talk to her for a minute. He simply nodded back, and covered his face up with a pillow, he wasn't a huge fan of girl chat.

"Chloe, slow down for ten seconds, I can't really hear you, and you are talking way too fast." Walking back outside I couldn't help but smile at Hayden's romantic gesture of the rose petals, I am a true sap and romantic at heart, and he seems to know exactly how to pull at my heartstrings.

"So, Olivia", I cringed at her use of my full name, " I really think that you should tell me what Cameron would like for dinner I don't want to blow this shot."

"Oh that's easy Chloe, he loves the pinwheel steaks from the deli on the corner of his block, and a side salad, usually he prefers a homemade caesar."

Squeeling from the other end of the line, I moved the phone away from my ear, "Liv, Liv, Liv, you are the best! I think I can manage that, oooooh everything is going to be just perfect when he gets home! Gotta run! Love you!" And with that she hung up the phone. I debated on wether or not I should call Cameron and warn him to grab some food on his way home, just in case Chloe didn't turn out to be the chef she thought she was, but Hayden's voice pulled me away from those thoughts.

"Liv, babe, maybe you should come back inside. I made dinner for you and I know it's been a long day. Besides, wait until you see what else I have for you."

5 comments:

  1. I am a new follower, i can't wait to get caught up, i have been looking for a new fiction blog for a long time.

    I have a non-fiction blog if you want to come check it out.

    http://sweetcanadian.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hope you like this one!!! I'm having a lot of fun writing it! Please tell your friends! I love comments/thoughts/ideas! I read cosmo's blog for FOREVER! and it has now become so frustrating with the lack of storyline/posts! I'm going to try and update this 3x/week. Let me know!!! (looking over your blog now too!) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got caught up, i do not have much of an opinion yet (i like it of course) on the characters just because i do not know them well enough yet. Hopefully you will be able to post often and it won't take us long to get familiar with them :) good start though definately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm enjoying yours as well! Sometimes non-fiction is so fun because you KNOW its real!!! While this blog is fiction, it is based on real-life events.

    Glad you like it! Please keep reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, i do not have the best grammar so mine comes out pretty raw lol.

    That makes it more interesting for sure, i love fiction based on non-fiction

    ReplyDelete