Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Eek!

" Don't scream."

" Jesus Cam, what are you doing here?" I shrieked, unable to calm myself down.

" I was on my way home and Chloe called, telling me she had dinner waiting. And as sweet as it was, I wasn't entirely sure how to handle the tones in her voice, and the implications that seemed to follow.” Pulling me inside he wrapped me in his arms.


“ Cam, she was probably just trying to be nice, you’ve known her for practically her whole life.” I reminded him as I pulled away, locking the door and moving over to the sofa.


“ Yeah, well unfortunately I think she wants to play house, not just be a room mate.”


“ Aren’t these things that came to your mind, I don’t know…before you agreed to letting her live with you?”


Sitting there quiet Cameron rubbed his jaw and looked around the room before answering, “ You know, she has always been flirtatious Liv, but that’s just the way I thought she was. I was really looking for a room mate and she seemed to really be in need of a place to stay.”


“And you have such a big heart, that you surely couldn’t say no to Chloe?” I replied, exasperated, no one can ever say no to Chloe.


“ It’s really not that I can’t say no.. it’s just that I didn’t want to say no to her.”


Startled I ran my hands through my hair and looked away from him trying to hide the emotions I couldn’t seem to control that were running through me.


“ So, is it ok if I stay here tonight?” A perfectly normal question for Cam but at the moment it left me flustered and irritated.


“ I guess it’s ok, if you have to. But it’d probably be better if you acted like a big boy and went home to Chloe.”


Getting up Cameron grabbed his coat off the back of my dining room chair and took his keys, “I guess your right, I’m probably being ridiculous, just wanted to talk to you, or something. I really thought you’d be at Hayden’s tonight. Why’d you come home anyway.”


“I don’t know, just wanted some space. I’m exhausted, and I’ve got a big day tomorrow.”


“Yeah I get that”, slowly walking to the door he looked back over his shoulder with a small glimpse of longing. And before I could decipher what that could even mean, he was gone.


Honestly, there was just so much going on. The best remedy I could think of was a hot bath and bed. So grabbing a glass of wine, and my newest book, I did just that.

3 comments:

  1. Is there going to be another post anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want more too! I am on Team Cameron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am giving up on this blog...I wish the story would have continued on, it seemed like a good one

    ReplyDelete